Sunday, August 19, 2007

On a non-AM related note...

Recently I've had to deal with a major musical issue. It's easy to hear, for those without, and hard news to take if you are diagnosed with it. Tonus Deafus. Or for those of you who don't speak in bad-greek word cliches - tone deaf. The problem is that if you lack the mental/aural/vocal capacity for tonal persception (can't match pitches heard or thought with your voice) you don't know it.

The issue I have to gently deflate the would-be Pavarottis or in my case, insert name of quality female singer here (no Kelly Clarkson does not count). The ability to sing well is a gift and cherished by those who have it and those that think they do. My question to my short list of readers is how would you break the news? I might even follow up with how we handled it here.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

"posted at 7:22 pm"

my bday numbers (7/22)




anyway, just be straightforward.



um...Kelly Clarkson counts. :-S